Saturday, November 6, 2010

Firsts and Lasts

Yesterday was a strange day for me.  It was my last day at work.  Gab is staunch in her refusal of a bottle, and just isn't that interested in solid food.  It made things pretty hairy for Mike and Bryn while I was at work for a full day, and we got to a point that the trauma just wasn't worth the salary.  I don't think it will be forever, but for right now, I need (get) to be a stay-at-home-mom.

So my last day of work was packed.  I was at work earlier than normal to help out with a class, and Mike drove the girls in over lunchtime so Gab could have a snack.  Then back to my office to finish packing and turn in my employee ID.  My colleagues surprised Kay Kay (her last day too) and I with a cake (thanks Jun!), so I was at the office longer than expected.  I rushed home after cake, fed Gabs, then back to the U-Dist for a final happy hour.  Which turned into two and a half hours.  It was just hard to say goodbye.

When I got home, Gabby did her usual squeal and grin when she saw me.  However, when I picked her up, she leaned over with her little drooley mouth open, touched her mouth to my lips.  Her first kiss!  It was so sweet, and just what I needed after an emotionally draining day.

What a wonderful baby, what a wonderful family.  I am one lucky mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment