Thursday, September 30, 2010

Learning to Eat

Gabs has been a real stinker about taking a bottle. So much so, that she actually goes on hunger strike the entire time I am away from her. Not terrible if I'm just taking a shower, or running to the store, but it's pretty awful when it's a full 8-hour day at work. It has made life so miserable for Mike and Bryn when they are home with her, that I decided to take a leave of absence from my job to help her learn to eat from a source other than me. She's not too pleased about it. We spent a little time with a Physical Therapist to see if she had any awesome tricks that I haven't tried, but to no avail. So, we are doing it the old-fashioned way, which means messy, messy, messy!

Of course the pictures are adorable...
It seems like each spoonful of cereal takes at least 4 tries to get down her mouth. The camera is much more interesting than the food...

Bryn is showing Gabs how to open wide, take a bite, and chew, chew, swallow!

Nope. Still not happening. Where does she come by this stubborn streak? :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment